Welcome to YMCA Gymnastics in Valdosta, GA. We strive to provide your child with the fundamentals of gymnastics which enhance many other activities in the future. Our ratios are low so that we can maintain a more personal relationship with your child and provide more hands-on experience. We train skills through circuit training and each coach has his/her own style of teaching.
Our organization has been serving Valdosta youth since 1982. As part of the YMCA organization, we strive to instill the YMCA’s core values of Honesty, Respect, Caring, and Responsibility. All programs at the Gymnastics Center promote self-esteem and self-confidence.
The Valdosta YMCA offers a full gymnastics program for boys and girls ages 1-17. Our classes follow USAG guidelines. All of our staff is Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid certified. Our classes include Parent/Child, Preschool, Tumbling, Recreational and Competitive Boys and Girls Team. Our aid conditioned facility is 14,000 square feet that includes a full spectator viewing area and both Olympic style equipment and equipment appropriate for the pre-school child.
We are located off North Valdosta Road, near Smith Northview Hospital, behind Piuney woods Veterinary Clinic.
4472 Valnorth Dr. Valdosta, GA
Front Desk Hours:
Monday – Thursday 11:00AM – 6:30PM
Saturday 9:00AM – 11:30AM
Our coaches are required to meet the following requirements:
- Previous Gymnastics/cheerleading or coaching experience
- Clean drug test on hire and then random drug testing
- Clean background check
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and First Aid (every 2 years)
- Hands-on spotting clinic with a demonstrator
- USAG Video Tutorial
- Approximately 30 hours of shadow training
- Behavior Management
- Social Media and Digital Communication
- Day camp supervision
- Child care safety
- Bullying Prevention
- Appropriate Touch
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Peer-to-Peer Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Adult Child & Infant Cpr & First Aid Certification
Traveling Team Staff:
- USAG Safety Certified (every 4 years)
- USAG Back Ground Check every 2 years
- Safe Sport (every year)
- Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction
- Traveling Workshops/ Clinics